google search

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Formulating Success

It was friggen hot here today, at noon it was 106 F ! So I debated on going outside and working on my tan or staying in and working on my colours!! From the title of this post I bet you know what I did .. LOL.

I was highly motivated today for some reason, not that I'm usually not motivated but I especially was today. I just couldn't wait to make some shadows. The two that I got all ready a took pics of are, Lavender and Antique White.



The lavender is a beautiful medium purple, it's got a satin pear finish, so it doesn't have that sparkly affect. It's more subtle with a sheen, and low/medium lustre. I am using it as an eye liner, and also as a crease colour. I tried it also wet, and WOW it sure has drama!! Antique White is very universal, will look great on almost everyone. It's a subtle white with a yellow undertone and works great as a highlighter as I discovered today. It's great as an all over colour or just in the corners of your eye to brighten up the eyes?! I am really please with these two, the turned out better than I expected, and wear great - been wearing them both most of the day now.

I also worked on a Teal kinda colour that I have to perfect tomorrow, it did start out as a sea foam but then the colour just went the wrong way hahahha but I was able to save it, it's just not exactly what I was hoping to get. It's still a really lovely colour tho, so I'm good.

I'm quite excited cuz my creative juices are flowing again, but my hands just can't keep up. I was a little afraid that I lost some creativity since I haven't used that side of my brain in a while. You know I feel like it's one of those things you'll never loose if you have it. Well I feel like that now, but I thought it was gone a few months back.



No comments: