google search

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Marketing Anyone??

I have been working on my little Ecrater store and I am really enjoying it. I am just procrastinating taking pics of all my mmu that I want to list. Sometimes it takes a while to get some good pics, and then I have to edit them so it takes a while. I would rather just create more eye shadows. That's where my heart is ... *sigh*...

Now about Ecrater, I realize that with any site you have to advertise your site, yourself and your product. But since I'm new to all this, I'm a little confused and not really knowing where to start. I went to the ecrater community, (their forum) and read up on advertising. However, I really didn't find out anything more than I already knew.

I have this blog, which I initially dreaded setting up, I thought it would be another "chore" to keep it up to date. In the end though, I am totally enjoying this experience, I just wish I knew how to make this more popular. I guess since I just recently started this blog, I can't expect miracles. :) Just wishful thinking ...

The other things I do right now are, those traffic exchanges. I signed up for two, but really only keep the one account "active". You have to go and surf so many pages every so many days to keep your account active. I just don't have the patience for it, sitting there surfing page after page. I like those automatic ones, but then I think about it and if it's automatic, then everyone else does what I do. Go and do your stuff in another window while the other window is just surfing by itself. Which defeats the point, no one is seeing my items, so why even bother with the automatic thing. Ahhhh, who knows. I need to like go to a marketing bootcamp for online stores. hahaha


So I also have a squidoo page, which I don't know what good it really does. Really, I don't get that thing. It's a lens about a something you like. Yes that part is clear .. but the ranking system and then all the other things .. hahah.. can't think of the other things I don't get. Anyway, I don't know what to do with it. Do I delete some of my text and add new ones ever so often? Do I just keep adding, but the ones I saw were fairly short. Whatever, maybe I should have read the instructions. I am so bad at that. I just like to jump into things, no thoughts, no fear, no hesitation... just go for it. Then half way through I'm like crap .. what the hell is this?? LOL never fails. Ok.. gettin off topic. The whole point is that the Internet is my oyster, and I should be able to market myself - effectively. But how, what is the key??? That's what's frustrating. How do I get the people??

No comments: