google search

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Selling Online

I don't really know where to start - I mean about selling online. I looked into e-bay but their fee's are really outrageously high. How does anyone even make a profit on there?? I don't understand. I looked around there today and it baffled me that there were people selling MMU for $0.99 + shipping of $2.50. My though on that was that they are using really cheap and low quality ingredients and fillers, other wise that might just cover their costs.

There is so much more to consider than just supplies in the price of the mineral makeup. Sure in supplies you may spend 1.50, but your also spending money on gas, driving to get your supplies, shipping costs, time, energy ( for grinding your minerals), physical energy, sanitizing products, driving to drop off orders, that's all I can think of now. In the end though I would at least like to break even. As it stands I will barely make a profit, but if I can sell just a few products, I'm more than sure people will love them. All my products are nothing short of quality, and I work hard to formulate with help from some great people of course, all my formulas are intended for me, and I won't sell myself short!! Naturally....

Anyway.... back to the point....

eBay.

So ya, I would really have to hike my price to sell on eBay but I also have to pay Pay Pal and in the end I will make nothing, unless I charge a boat load. Don't get me wrong, I think my MMU is worth more than $3.00 for a 5 gram jar, but since I'm just starting out, I can't charge what it's worth till I get some feedback and people backing me up. Otherwise no one will take the plunge and purchase. It's a hard spot to be in. Not really sure what to do, but I gotta start some where. Right??

So I researched a bunch of eBay alternatives, there are alot of other auction sites. The only problem is that their all small compared to eBay so their not even close to being well know. If their not well know it's not really a great start to selling online. But some of these alternatives are free to list and only charge a small final value fee, that is when you finally sell your item they take a percent. It's not bad at all compared to eBay!! Then if I don't have to pay an arm an a leg to sell my stuff, then I can totally still keep my prices low enough to entice people. hahahah How brilliant!! Now I just have to figure it all out.

I started listing on ecrater.com and I set up a little store to test it out and see how I like it.

http://forgetmenotmineralmakeup.ecrater.com/

It's simple enough to use, and user friendly, is that the same thing? lol Not sure, but I like ecrater so far. The thing is tho, that I never heard of it, but then again I'm not really an auction hunter either. I would just eBay once in while. Wish me luck though!!

No comments: